Monday, January 07, 2008

Show me the money...

Around year end the company has its annual employee performance reviews and based on that we get (or don't get) a year end bonus.

Well you all know how much fun performance reviews are and the daft questions you have to sit through (I.E. 'Please describe things you think you did poorly this year'. 'Yeah right, why dont I just poke myself in the eye while I'm at it') so I'll spare you that, but will pass on the news that yours truly got not one but two months pay extra for 2007! A very tidy pay packet (and one that will come in handy for that camera tripod I've been wanting to get...).

It's a strange company that is very demanding but pretty sparing with the 'Hey man, much appreciated's', but they said 'Well done' in cash so hey, whilst it's nice to hear the words that's fine. Heck, I must be doing something right. My boss in Iraq gave me a thumbs up and the guys from News Ltd in London were happy. I'd like to think that this confirms their faith in me. It sure is a nice validation (and a big raspberry to Mr. Gonzalez!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home