Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Can I stop please Sir? My brain is full!


Well, as some of you know I have just come back from an exam in London for the 9th (of 12) of my MBA units.

Man I studied so much preparing for this exam and would end a nine or ten hour day at the office and then start the evening shift - hunched over my finance books and going through to ten or eleven at night or until my eyes went blurry - whichever came first!

Although I was starting to get cabin fever there after a while, I really enjoyed the unit as with maths based subjects once you understand the concepts behind the formulae, you just plug the numbers in the right slots and crunch it through. Sweet.

The exam was in the morning so I got to spend the afternoon visiting some buddies from my old contract position at News Limited near Tower Bridge in London and then caught the evening flight back to Geneva from Gatwick (there was one helluva queue for security screeeing but that's another story).

I finished the exam with 20-25 minutes to spare and thought I'd missed a question, but nope, I must've just been well up on the unit and zipped through it. Cool!

So hopefully another one in the bag and getting closer to the finish line. I always liked the feeling when you get to the very last exam (as I did for my Diploma of Business or my Degree in Business) - that feeling that when those three hours and five minutes reading are up - that's it. Finito! As part -time students everyone compares how many units they've done/got to do, and it's a nice feeling to say 'that's it'.

Only trouble is - with all this free time now in between semesters - what do i do with myself?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home