Monday, October 16, 2006


Come on snow...!

The weather is slowly changing here. It is dark in the mornings and the long twilight nights are now closing in a lot quicker. I used to wake up to bright sunlight, now it is dark when I head to work and just getting light when I get my first coffee of the dark at Starbucks before heading to the salt mines.

I got all excited a day or two ago - I thought I saw my first snow flake of the season but it's still a month or so too early. Darn!

Another few weeks and I'll be getting my big London great coat and scarf out - it sure was a life saver in the U.K. my armour plate against those icy blasts one gets in the city from Nov to Apr.

A few more weeks after that and hopefully I can head up to La Clusaz and get some snow flakes flying behind me. This was a pic from a trip over last season where I went x-country at La Clusaz. It has some great runs for alpine skiing to the right as well as some awesome off-piste skiing too.

Tick one more day off the calendar....

2 Comments:

Blogger flythemig29 said...

February won't come soon enough. Are you ready to ski with myself, Bob Johnson and Big Lou?

4:06 pm  
Blogger Captain Nemo said...

Hey James.

I am still getting used to this blog thing and how to reply to messages.

Would love a ski with y'all and really hope it's still possible.

Marcus

7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home