Friday, September 15, 2006

A great way to start the weekend...

What a greatway to start the weekend. I just got my results online from Uni (University) and I passed my eighth (of 12) MBA exam and with a distinction to boot! It was a three hour exam I took in London. I had to fly across for one day on one of those cheap charter flights (Easyjet for European readers or ValueJet (?) for U.S. readers).

My Uni has reciprocal arrangements with other campuses in several countries around the world and I chose the U.K. as the closest and easiest (having worked there for several years I know the place and the how to get around like the back of my hand).

There were some tough questions - six short answer essays and three long answer essays and I did an absolute brain dump to get all that valuable info down on paper. As often happens you doubt what you wrote but I must be being way too hard on myself (but they say Virgo's are perfectionsists...)

On top of that great news, I've got all my work done and have even started to get ahead of the game. The filing is all done and my desk is as clean as a whistle. Hoo-ar!

So I'm off to relax and enjoy a well-earned break, but having said that I will temper that sentiment with a thought for some other folks... I read an online article appearing in TIME magazine today about troops stationed in Afghanistan and what the write so aptly termed 'what seems like the end of the world'. Having seen a little of their life in Iraq I can relate in my own small way to what the writer is conveying. These folks have to put up with being hot, dusty, stuck in basic accommodation, are often incredibly bored and on top of that have to go out and get shot at.

Whatever your personal opinion may or may not be about this situation, it shouldn't detract from the fact that a lot of these people are doing a sh*tty job at the very frontiers of civilisation with the thought that they are trying to make a difference for someone else andI take my hat off to that. I get to live and work in a beautiful and peaceful part of the world. I have it easy by comparison.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1535064,00.html?cnn=yes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home